Stuffed Omelette Fried Rice is different with normal fried rice. It is very common dish in Malysia and basically most of Malaysia restaurants or stalls provide this dish. Nasi Goreng Pattaya (Stuffed omelette fried rice) is Malaysian dish made by covering chicken fried rice in fried egg. It is often served with chilli sauce.
In Indonesia, this kind of fried rice is called nasi goreng amplop (enveloped fried rice) , since the fried rice is enveloped within a pocket of thin omelette.
Stuffed Omelette Fried Rice (Serve for 2 Pax)
Preparation Time: 35 minutes |Cooking Time: 30 – 40 minutes
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 clove onions
- 1/2 skinless boneless chicken breast, cubed
- a handful of diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- oil for cooking
- For the fried rice: Heat a little oil in pan and saute sliced onions and garlic until fragrant. Add the chicken and carrots and stir-fry until cooked.
- Season with soy sauce, ketchup and salt and pepper according to taste. Continue to stir until rice is completely mixed and heated through. Set aside.
- For the omelette: Lightly beat the eggs and season with a pinch of salt. Heat a pan with a little oil. Pour in eggs and swirl the pan by the handle to make a thin omelette. Let the omelette cook and brown at the bottom.
- Once the omelette is done, place the fried rice in the center of the omelette and spread it accordingly. Fold the edges into an envelope shape, making sure to overlap the parcel a bit. Carefully flip the omelette onto a serving plate. Drizzle ketchup or chili sauce over the top.
You may use other ingredients such as pork, beef, prawn and others as your preferences. You may also add green peas or corn as well.