Sambal kangkong is one of favorite vegetable for everyone especially for those who love eat spicy food. Kangkong vegetable does not cost much, one packet is approximately around IDR 3,000. Basically I seldom eat vegetables, but kangkong is one of my favorite vegetable. Sambal kangkong is best serve during rainy or cold day.
SAMBAL KANGKONG (Serves for 2 – 3 pax)
Preparation Time: 5 – 7 minutes |Cooking Time: 10 – 15 minutes
1. 1 packet of kangkong
2. 2 red chilly
3. 1 onions
4. 1 garlic
5. 1/4 belacan
6. A little bit dry shrimp
7. 50 ml water
8. Half tomato
9. A little bit salt
10 A little bit sugar
1. Separate the leaves from the stems. If you love to cook the stems too, you should trim and discard the bottom half and then separate the remaining stems from the leaves. Wash and drip dry. At the same times, wash dry shrimp around 1 minutes and drip dry.
2. Cut the onion, garlic, and tomato into small pieces and then cut the red chilly in to lengthwise.
3. Heat up the olive oil and add in onion, garlic and dry shrimp. fry them all together. After that add in red chilly, belacan and kangkong and mixed all of them together. Make sure the belacan becomes melt.
4. After the vegetable changes colour , add the tomato, a little bit salt, sugar and water and wait around 1 minutes. Keep stirring and frying until kangkong is cooked. Don’t over cook, though. They should still be green and crunchy despite the wilted appearance and serves immediately.
1. You may puree onion, garlic, tomato, and red chilly together becomes sambal (As your preference)
2. You may use dry shrimp or shrimp. ( it’s all depend on you).
3. Do not put too much belacan and salt, because belance is already salty enough so that we need to add a little bit water.