Some people said steamed chicken rice is the most favorite food for children and it’s good for children’s health. Steamed chicken rice is one of Chinese-Indonesian Cuisine. The serving method is as follows steamed chicken rice in metal bowls are usually kept in a steamer to keep warm. In Indonesia, we called it “Nasi Tim”, it’s totally different with hainanese chicken rice.
The soft texture of rice and boneless chicken also make this dish suitable for young children or adults in convalescence.
Steamed Chicken Rice (Serves for 2 Pax)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cooking times: 30 – 45 minutes
1. 500 grams of boneless chicken
2. 1 Egg
3. 1 garlic
4. 1 onion
5. 1 tea spoon of sesame oil
6. 2 tea spoon of oyster sauce
7. 1 tea spoon of soya sauce
8. 2 tea spoon of sweet soya sauce
9. 150 ml water
1. Cut the onion and garlic in to small part and cut boneless chicken meat like a dice.
2. Heat up the oil in the pan and add onion, garlic and meat. Cook the boneless chicken meat till cooked.
3. After that add all sauce : sesame oil, oyster sauce, soya sauce, sweet soya sauce and 150 ml air. Add the egg that already boiled and cook together with the meat.
4. Put half of boneless chicken and egg in to bowl and add on the rice. After that steam it in to steamer approximately 15 -20 minutes.
5. After that, you may serve steamed chicken rice in to plate.
Although it commonly uses chicken, some variants also use pork, fish or beef in place of chicken. Steamed chicken rice for babies are often made from red rice and chicken liver. You may add on vegetable or make a soup to make it perfect.