From child till high school I did not eat much vegetable. I have no reason why I did not really like it. When started University Life (where away from home or parents), I was learning how to cook by my self. From there, I started to eat vegetables and I knew cook a simple vegetables. Cook a simple vegetable does not need a longer time and vegetable does not cost much. 1 ons of Kailan may cost around IDR 3,000.
Stir-Fried Kailan with dry shrimp (Serves 2 pax)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes|cook time: 15 minutes
1. 1 pieces of garlic
2. A little bit of dry shrimp (all depends on you)
3. 2 pieces of onions
4. 1/2 tea spoon corn flour
5. 2tsp water
6. 1 tea spoon of Oyster sauce
7. A pinch of salt
8. A pinch of sugar
1. Clean dry shrimp and vegetable first. Cut the garlic and onions in to small pieces. after cut onions, we need to fried onions till crispy. after that, we can put a side first.
2. Heat up the oil then put the garlic and dry shrimp together. After the colour a little bit changes, put the kailan and fried it together.
3. Add a little bit water, sugar, salt and oyster sauce where already mixed with corn flour.stir fry until the vegetables are evenly coated in the sauce and the leaves have withered.
4. Then put the vegetable in to plate and top up with fried onions.